Blue Warriors Club
About the Program
The Blue Warriors club is an initiative by Ervis Foundation’s Blue Circle Group. The aim of the program is for the youth leaders to organize a club in their schools with a focus to engage and inspire their fellow school-mates and together organize, lead and implement awareness and action programs within their schools and communities. The Club will be led and driven by the youth and will primarily be organized virtually.
Register your School!
If you would like to bring the Blue Warriors Club to your school, register using the link below.
Objectives of the Club:
- Initiate school-level programs that are led and implemented by the youth.
- Create a student-led movement in schools that will inspire the youth to raise awareness and drive action to fight for our oceans and the environment.
- Make learning and conversations about our oceans and environment an integral part of the school environment.
- Create a community of Youth Warriors who are well-connected and support one another in leading action and positive change for our environment.
- Create a space for the youth to learn and develop their own creative tools to educate and take lead in protecting the environment.
Fountainhead School Surat
The Fountainhead Blue Warriors Club was successfully launched on February 20th, 2021. The club successfully completed phase 1 by March 2021. The Club witnessed participation of five youth leaders from Fountainhead School, Surat
Indus International School Pune
The Indus Blue Warriors Club was successfully launched on February 20th, 2021. The club successfully completed phase 1 by March 2021. The Club witnessed participation of 12 youth leaders from Indus International School, Pune.
WINNERS OF THE ACADEMIC MERIT AWARD AT THE POP FESTIVAL 2021
- In the first phase Youth leaders organize an eight-session program (virtually) with students selected through an application process.
- The Blue Circle leaders and the Club leaders will engage in important discussions on issues regarding our marine environment and explore solutions.
- Towards the end of the eight sessions, they will also work on developing an action plan together, for the year to come.
- In Phase 2 of the club, the youth leaders will organize various awareness and action campaigns every month.
- Every month the youth leaders will organize a club meeting to discuss the actions taken for the month and the plan for the next month. They will also assess their impact.
- The Club will culminate at the end of the year, where we will organize a Blue Warriors Conclave which will witness dialogues with experts, project showcases and awards ceremony.
Phase 1: Session Topics
- Introductory Session
- Plastic Pollution and our Oceans and the Biodiversity
- Effects of Plastic on our Health and Lifestyle and Waste Management Systems
- Role of Different Stakeholders in Tackling Plastic Pollution
- Role of Policy Making and Implementation
- Importance of Science and Innovation in Addressing the Plastic Problem
- What can we do about it? – Developing the action plan for the next year for the Club and mapping out the proposed goals and outcomes to be achieved