“Phase 1 of the blue warriors club was full of knowledge and knowing what is the problem that we are actually facing, which is helping me in phase 2 for taking action. I found phase one interactive and important to help fulfill the outcome of the blue warriors club.”
Fountainhead School Surat
Phase 1 Overview
The Fountainhead Blue Warriors Club was successfully launched on February 20th, 2021. The club successfully completed phase 1 by March 2021. The Club witnessed participation of five youth leaders from Fountainhead School, Surat
“Phase 1 of FS Blue warriors was full of insights and learning. This club made me realize that it is high time now as we have to take some or the other actions for our environment. I feel proud being a part of such a great and hard-working club.”
Phase 2 Overview
The youth leaders developed a detailed month-wise action plan with ideas for on-ground projects to engage fellow youth and different stakeholders, to effectively tackle plastic pollution.
1. MAY 2021 : Social Media Awareness Campaigns
The Club launched its very own Instagram page to spread awareness about plastic pollution and solutions that can be adopted at an individual and community level. In the course of one month, they garnered over 100 followers and reached out to over hundreds of youth with their creative posts.
2. JUNE 2021: Virtual Best Out of Waste Contest
The youth leaders organized a one of a kind virtual Best Out of Waste Contest for all age groups. The goal was to encourage people to channel their creativity and recycle or upcycle waste items into a more sustainable product.
The contest witnessed participation of 12 people from the regions of Africa, Mexico, Pakistan and India.
Judges: Drishya Pathak and Komal Mittal from the POP Movement
Project Names of Participants:
- Table Coasters by Amuche Nnabueze
- Simple recycling at home by Gulshan Ara
- Bangle Stand by Lakshmi Vikram
- String Art by Shaily Dangi
- Art using waste lentils by Zainab Bie
Project Names of Winners:
- First Place – Plastic Bottle Toys by Nahid Perez
- First Runner Up – Di Pot by Raghav Bhatter
- Second Runner Up – Art on Tawa (pan) by Riya Dhaman
- Excellence in upcycling at an organizational level – Plastic Bin Project by Paul Ayomide
- Excellence in recycling at an organizational level – Innovation for Recycling by Yesse Nyakunga